Saturday, December 4, 2010

1st Major Snow of 2010

Iowa City got its first "major" snow of the year this morning. Even though it wasn't enough to completely cover the ground it was still nice to see. It made my roommates and I get into the Christmas/Holiday spirit and made us procrastinate even more about studying for finals. Although the snow Iowa City got this morning was nothing compared to what the western suburbs of Chicago (where I am from) got hit with. This is a picture my sister sent me today of our backyard. I am glad we didn't get hit this badly because I hate driving in the snow. Such a mess!

Even though I put off studying for finals today I still got a lot of my Christmas shopping done.  Thank goodness for the internet because I wasn't in the mood to join the craziness of holiday shopping at the mall. It is so nice to sit on the couch, watch Mean Girls, drink an Arnold Palmer, and get almost all of your Christmas shopping done!

My roommate Jessica is apart of the Newman Singers here in Iowa City and they held their annual Christmas Concert last night. Maddie (my other roommate) and I went to their performance last night. It was a beautiful concert and we really enjoyed all the wonderful talent of the singers. She sang "Do You See What I See," which is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It was a great way to begin the holiday season.
Christmas break could not come any faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment