Thursday, January 27, 2011

110 Days

110 days from today I will be greeting everyone with a friendly "ciao" and admiring the beautiful breath-taking sites of Rome, Florence and Paris. The School of Art and Art History here at Iowa is offering a trip for anyone who wants to spend 14 days in Italy, France and Belgium. 
St. Peter's Basilica in Rome

We will spend the majority of our time in Italy and then travel via train to France. There is an optional extension to Amsterdam, Belgium for anyone that was interested.

Here is the itinerary...
Day 1 Fly into Italy.
Day 2 Rome.
Day 3 Guided Tour of Rome (Visit Colosseum and Forum Romanum)
Day 4 Visit Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica
Day 5 Visit the Basilica of St. Francis
Day 6 Florence. Visit the Uffizi
Day 7 Florence
Day 8 Paris. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral
Day 9 Paris. Tour of the Louvre
Day 10 Paris
Day 11 Paris and Amsterdam
Day 12 Amsterdam
Day 13 Amsterdam
Day 14 Depart for Home
Needless to say, I am SO excited and I can't wait!!

I have been overseas before but to a completely different part of Europe. When I was a freshman in high school I got the amazing opportunity to travel to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Lichtenstein. I took 4 years of German in high school and wanted to experience a completely different culture. The trip was amazing and I hope to one day go back to Germany and experience Oktoberfest.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment