Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day?

This is supposed to be a storm that will go down in history. The Midwest is getting ready for a snowstorm that will result in a lot of money for clean up. The University of Iowa has canceled classes starting after 4:30 pm tonight and classes before 10:00 am tomorrow morning. I only have one class (starting at 6:30pm tonight) that will be affected by the storm but it’s better than not having any of my classes canceled! 

KCRG (local Eastern Iowa news) is predicting a foot of snow by tomorrow morning and dangerous winds making it difficult to travel. This is a perfect time to stay in and relax with my roommates. We are making yummy potato soup for dinner and plan on watching TV and working on some homework for the rest of the night. We just have to wait and see how much snow we actually get...hopefully the University will cancel all classes tomorrow 
(fingers crossed)

Back home (suburbs outside of Chicago) is bracing for 2 feet of snow plus hazardous winds making it hard for people to commute. My dad is a schoolteacher in Arlington Heights and his school along with my sister’s high school called a snow day for tomorrow. I can’t wait to see pictures they send me of all the snow they get.  Wrigley (our dog) loves snow so I am sure she will have a fun time playing in the 2 plus feet of snow.   

Ps: 47 days until spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment