Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Summer Internship/Job Fair

So every year around this time the University of Iowa holds an internship/job fair for students. This allows them to "get their feet wet" and meet potential summer employers. I decided this would be a great opportunity for me and maybe land an internship for this summer. 

I took Maddie with me for moral support and because she was interested in some of the companies that were there. The email that was sent to the student body told students to wear nice business clothing. After long hours of deciding what to wear and calling my mom on the phone, we thought that tan pants and a dressy shirt would suffice....well we thought wrong. As soon as we got there we saw students with dressy attire on. We both felt completely under-dressed! Now we know what to wear for next years fair! 

 
Other than not having the right attire on, there were so many companies there that it was truly overwhelming! 

Maddie and I did our best and got our resumes out to companies that would benefit our majors. 

I have already emailed some potential employers telling them that I am interested in their position...

Now its a waiting game.

Hopefully her and I will hear back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment